Fraud Prevention Resources
Keeping your account safe and secure is our highest priority. We have come up with a number of different resources to help us in our fight against fraud!
First State Bank has teamed up with the American Bankers Association in a fight against fraud with the #BanksNeverAskThat anti-phishing campaign. Do you where boxers or briefs? Do you believe in Aliens? There are some things your bank would just never ask! Think you can spot a scam? Let's find out! Click here to learn more
There are a number of ways to avoid becoming a victim of fraud and identity theft. Below are some articles that explain how fraud and identity theft can happen and how to protect yourself.
- Recognize Fraud When You See It
- Fraud Prevention and Safety Tips
- Know Your Scams: phishing, vishing and smishing
- How to Avoid a Scam
- How to Report and Recover from Identity Theft
- How to Protect Yourself from a Credit Card Skimmer
- Protect Your Small Biz Account from Corporate Account Takeover
Download these useful Resources
- Beware it's a Scam! (PDF)
- Scams and Your Small Business (PDF)
- Phone Scams (PDF)
- FTC Identity Theft Recovery Booklet (PDF)
- FDIC Consumer News; Fall 2021 (PDF)
- FDIC A Cybersecurity Guide for Business (PDF)
- FDIC A Cybersecurity Guide for Consumers (PDF)
Additional Fraud Resources and Tips
The material provided on this website is for informational use only and is not intended for financial, tax or investment advice. First State Bank assumes no liability for any loss or damage resulting from one’s reliance on the material provided. Please also note that such material is not updated regularly and that some of the information may not therefore be current. Consult with your own financial professional and tax advisor when making decisions regarding your financial situation.