First State Bank cares about our customers and we want to share with you any information we feel may protect you and your financial well being! Below you will find information on topics ranging from the latest scams to how to protect your identity and more!
FDIC's EDIE The Estimator
EDIE lets consumers and bankers know, on a per-bank basis, how the insurance rules and limits apply to a depositor's specific group of deposit accounts-what's insured and what portion (if any) exceeds coverage limits at the bank. EDIE also allows the user to print the report for their records.
- How to Report and Recover from Identity Theft
- FTC Identity Theft Recovery Booklet (PDF)
- Fraud Prevention and Identity Theft Resources
Fraud and Scams
Stay Safe from a skim with these 5 simple steps
- Set online and mobile banking fraud alerts.
- Tug the card reader. Is it loose?
- Examine your surrounding.
- Protect your PIN; cover it with your hand.
- Scan for security tape seal on pump.
- 10 Things You Can Do to Avoid Fraud
- Scams! Beware and Be Alert (PDF)
- What to do about Pre-Recorded Calls (PDF)
- How to Avoid a Scam
- Recognize Fraud When You See It
- Fraud Prevention and Safety Tips
- Know Your Scams: phishing,vishing and smishing
- FDIC A Cybersecurity Guide for Business (PDF)
- FDIC A Cybersecurity Guide for Consumers (PDF)
- FDIC Consumer News; Summer 2018 (PDF)
Corporate Account Takeover
Corporate Account Takeover is a type of fraud where thieves gain access to a business' finances to make unauthorized transactions, including transferring funds from the company, creating and adding new, fake employees to payroll, and stealing sensitive customer information that may not be recoverable. Click here to learn more