07/18/2014: Clarion Events: July and August
- July 24th we are donating freezies to the community vacation bible school for over 100 children.
- August 1 is the Clarion Chamber of Commerce golf fundraiser. We are sponsoring a hole. Funds will be raised to support the upcoming Clarion Sesquicentennial celebration in June 2015.
- The first day of school, August 19 we will be presenting every Clarion-Goldfield-Dows elementary student pre-K through 5th grade with a sling bag to use for the school year.
- The first day of school, August 19 we will be presenting every Clarion-Goldfield-Dows middle school student with a screen cleaner cloth for their iPads. We will also be presenting all 6th grade students with a stylus to use with their iPads. (the current 7th and 8th graders received a stylus last year from us)
- Rally for the Cure golf fundraiser – we are sponsoring a hole with all proceeds staying in Wright Co to support women who are not able to pay for their own mammograms or gas cards to assist those who are currently receiving treatments and must travel.
- We are collecting school items and necessities to donate to Upper Des Moines Opportunity who will disperse them to children in Wright County.
- We donated money to a Clarion-Goldfield high school senior life project. He is building a Frisbee-disc golf course at the high school which will be available for the community and used by school PE classes.